Sunday, September 11, 2011

BBA "Black Out" Commemorates "When New York Had Her Heart Broke"

My heart broke that day too. I think I remember the whole worlds' heart was broken... .

Some members of the Baseball Bloggers Alliance (BBA) are doing a "BBA Black Out", going dark - not publishing today - to commemorate the day, a moment of silence for those you died that day, and the days that have ensued I suppose (hope).

I thought it was a bad idea. I think today is a day to speak about what happened, so I post. Post to tell you what some other baseball writers are doing instead.

And to post this new release from John Hiatt.

Ironically - that is all I have to say. Now that the day is upon us I find it's a day to commemorate after all. A sad day, a day of reflection. Expressions of incredulity can wait until tomorrow.






Gord Cumming twigged me to the Hiatt release today at fb. Thanks Gord.



mh

No comments:

Post a Comment